Across the accountancy profession we are seeing that Online bookkeeping, also known as ‘cloud’ accounting software, is increasingly replacing PC based accounting packages.
Businesses are increasingly seeing many benefits from using a cloud based accounts package. These include:
- All data is secure and is backed up in the cloud.
- There is no need to run annual updates on the software or to invest in costly IT hardware This is done automatically by the cloud software provider and monthly charges to customers are very modest.
- Various time saving, automated features can be added such as:
- Automatic bank feeds straight into your accounts software.
- The ability to manage your accounts anytime and anywhere from virtually any web enabled device, for example using your smart phone or tablet to capture photos of purchase invoices and expenses receipts, and posting them directly into the accounts software.
- Allowing your accountant access to live accounting information so that amendments can be made in real time without the need to email backups of software to and forth.
- Automated sales invoices or estimates, in your design and format, raised and emailed to clients with automated reminders if they haven’t paid within the agreed terms.
Further, the government’s current proposals to require small businesses to file quarterly digital accounts from 1 April 2019 will require businesses to operate a cloud based accounts system that has the ability to upload data to HMRC. Making the move to a cloud based accounts package sooner rather than later could help manage the transition and ensure that the government’s proposals don’t cause unwanted disruption to your business in the future.
Xero has been at the forefront of the development of cloud base accounting, and at TLL we have joined the Xero Partnership Programme to streamline the service which we are able to offer to our clients. Both Peter Buck and Chris Brown have undergone training to become Certified Xero Advisors, and will be able to assist in setting up the system and guiding you through your online accounting needs, together with dealing with ad hoc queries throughout the year.
TLL Accountants – Xero Certified Advisors in Preston
TLL Accountants are Xero Certified advisors in Preston. If you are interested in transferring your accounting systems online, please click on the Xero logo opposite to be taken to the Xero website, and to find out more information on the product
If you would like to discuss our Online Bookkeeping services in more detail please contact us at email@example.com or by telephone on 01772 812163.